The path to your current location in our website is:
Youth Services Forum, February 7, 2013 - Handouts
Youth Services Forum –Workshop XXII: “Pushing the Envelope”
February 7, 2013 (Rescheduled from Nov. 1, 2012)
Monroe Public Library, 8:45 am – 2:30 pm
Keynote: Policies that Serve Our Patrons. Presenter Marna Elliott, Branch Manager of the Bridgewater Branch of the Somerset County Library System, email@example.com. Handout is attached below.
10:15 am – 11:15 am
- Building Excitement: Lego in the Library – Laura Hunter, firstname.lastname@example.org, No handouts
- Using Technology for Inspiration and Collaboration and Promotion of Youth Services. Presenters Camille Thompson and Rosanne Henderson, Thompson@lmxac.org, email@example.com. The link to their presentation is http://prezi.com/shs76blvgokh/library-social-media-for-inspiration-and-collaboration/?kw=view-shs76blvgokh&rc=ref-29101225.
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Programming at the Library. Presenters Mary Nunn, Laura Mellor and Jennifer Salt, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. The link to Jennifer Salt’s handout is on her website at http://librariesforall.weebly.com/1-2-3-its-as-easy-as-a-b-c-teaching-toddler-math.html
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Reaching Out! – In and Out of the Library. Presenters Keisha Miller, Karen Bilton, Carol Simon Levin, and Jennifer Salt, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Keisha and Carol's handouts are attached below. Two additional people that were very instrumental in Keisha Miller’s presentation were Adrienne Furness, Adrienne.email@example.com, http://www.watat.com/ and Abby Johnson, Abbythelibrarian@gmail.com, www.Abbythelibrarian.com. Jennifer Salt’s handout is on her website at http://librariesforall.weebly.com/camp-connection.html
- Get Ready to Get That Grant.
- Gaming at the Library: Beyond Jenga and Playstation.
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- Garden State Book Awards – In Your Library and Beyond
- Preschool Panel:
Early Learning Adventures for Preschoolers. Presenter Tamara Richman, firstname.lastname@example.org. Handouts are attached below.
Best Practices in Early Literacy – Winners!
Math and Science Program – Parsippany-Troy Hills Public Library. Presenter Karen O’Malley, Karen.email@example.com. Handouts are attached below.
Family Reading Incentive Programs – Watchung Branch, Somerset County Library System. Presenter Sharon Orlando, firstname.lastname@example.org. Handouts are below.
Dress for Mess – Middletown Township Public Library. Presenter Jennifer Salt email@example.com. The link to Jennifer Salt’s handout is on her website at http://librariesforall.weebly.com/dress-for-mess-the-link-between-drawing--literacy.html
- Otaku Unite – Meeting the Demands of Your Japanese Cultural Obsessed Teens. Presenters Jen Schureman and Lanora Melillo, firstname.lastname@example.org, SPLYouths@gmail.com
https://app.box.com/s/ufgzwxgowd28zvig8f1l (handout online link)
https://app.box.com/s/th3ctvna7w6aanduqyz1 (sample of my anime club flyer)
Krista Maxwell sent craft instructions for making a dragon. The instructions are included below.
Sophie Brookover, email@example.com, put together a Storify Story of the tweets from the Forum and they can be found here http://storify.com/librarylinknj/njla-youth-services-forum-2013